Beach Club Rules
Beach Club and Dock/Slip Right Members are welcome to enjoy the ALA Beach Clubs. Your Beach Club and Dock/Slip Right Membership cards admit you and up to 5 guests per card. General Members and Day Use Boat General Members are eligible to upgrade to a Beach Club Membership. Please have your Membership Card available while you are at the Beach Clubs.
- Mid June through Labor Day
- 10 AM to 7 PM Weekdays
- 9 AM to 7 PM Weekends & Holidays
- 7 days a week
Burnt Mill Beach Club Tavern Bay Beach Club
27910 Lakes Edge Road 28399 E. North Shore Road
Our Staff of Beach Club Attendants are available to answer questions and provide assistance to you and your guests.
We want all members to enjoy the Beach Club safely. Beach Club Rules are designed to help keep everyone safe.
· Please ensure that all children are always accompanied by an adult.
· Skate Boards, bicycles, scooters and skates are not allowed inside the Beach Club at any time. At Tavern Bay, should you have one of these items and need to walk between the main parking lot gate and the shoreline, we invite you to use Trail Access 53 which runs parallel to the Beach Club.
· The convenience dock at Taverm Bay Beach Club is for short term boat parking to grab a quick snack or use the rest room. There is no sunbathing, diving, fishing or lounging on the dock walkway and fingers.
· You are welcome have a picnic on the beach, however, please do not bring glass containers,as they are not allowed on the beach at any time.
· Please refrain from bringing large rocks from the shoreline onto the beach as it may create a safety issue.
· Small rivers, streams and holes at the water’s edge can prove to be a good time for the little ones. Please make sure any large holes that are made, are filled back in with sand before you leave. Notify a beach attendant should you need rakes or shovels.
· BBQ’s are not allowed on the beach, but are allowed in designated areas of the Beach Clubs. Ask your Beach Club Attendant for details. BBQ’s must be propane operated only. Open flames are not permitted at any time.
· A limited amount of water toys are available to Members at the Tavern Bay Beach Club. Your Beach Club Membership card is required. Check the Snack Bar for more details.
· As a precaution to avoid natural irritation, we encourage you to shower and/or towel off after swimming in the lake.
Kayaks are a great way to enjoy Lake Arrowhead.
- All kayaks, no matter what size must have current ALA decals to be used on the lake.
- All kayakers must have a valid ALA Boat Operator's License.
- Kayaks can be launched at the Beach Clubs in the Kayak/Paddle Board launch area only.
- Kayaks cannot be used in the swimming areas.
- Kayaks cannot be “beached” in the swimming area beaches.
Paddle Boarding on Lake Arrowhead is an awesome experience.
- Paddle Boards are not allowed in the swimming area and must be used outside the buoy line.
- Paddle Boards must be beached in designated areas when not in use. Ask a Beach Club Attendant if you have any questions.
- All Paddle Boards must have current ALA decals to be used on the lake.
At ALA, we have made several provisions for you to enjoy the Beach Club with your dog.
- Dogs are welcome at the Beach Club as long as they are on a leash! For sanitary reasons, they are not allowed on the beach, in the swimming area or the children’s play area.
- Dogs may swim between docks and may be unleashed during the time they are swimming.
- Dogs may not be left unattended at any time.
- Owners must pick up their dog’s waste and properly dispose of it.
- Dog bowls are available, just request one from a Beach Club Attendant.
Our Members love to fish.
Fishing is not allowed on the Beach Club beach or in the swimming area.
Fishing is allowed in the following areas:
1. By Boat.
2. At the fishing dock located next to the Marina at Peninsula Park.
3. Between docks on the shoreline, but not on private docks.
The Snack Bars have a wide assortment of candy, fresh fruit, drinks and ice cream. The Snack Bars are generally open from 10 AM to 6 PM during the season.
Enhance your enjoyment of the Beach Club with a courtesy lounge chair.
Beach Club Attendants will set out lounge chairs each morning.
There are available on a first-come first-served basis.
Beach Club lounge chairs can only be used within the boundaries of the Beach Club.
There is no more beautiful place to picnic than Lake Arrowhead.
ALA provides picnic areas at Tavern Bay Beach Club, Burnt Mill Beach Clubs, Grass Valley Lake Park and Peninsula Park.
Picnic areas are provided for the use of the Members and their guests, however, we cannot reserve picnic tables. They are available on a first-come first-served basis. Please do not come early in the morning and decorate for a party that is in the afternoon.
During the season, there are Attendants to assist you and help to make your celebration special!