Beach Club RulesBeach Club RulesBeach Club and Dock/Slip Right Members are welcome to enjoy the Beach Clubs. Your Beach Club and Dock/Slip Right Membership cards admit you and up to 5 guests per card. General Members and Day Use Boat General Members are eligible to upgrade to a Beach Club Membership. Please have your Membership Card available while you are at the Beach Clubs.
Hours for the 2020 Season:
*Subject to change depending on attendance.
- Weekends only: May 23,24,25 and May 30 & 31
- 7 days per week: June 6 - September 7
- 9 AM to 7 PM* weather permitting
Burnt Mill Beach Club Tavern Bay Beach Club
27910 Lakes Edge Road 28399 E. North Shore Road
Our Staff of Beach Club Attendants are available to answer questions and provide assistance to you and your guests.
- We want all members to enjoy the Beach Club safely. Beach Club Rules are designed to help keep everyone safe
- Please ensure that all children are always accompanied by an adult.
- Skateboards, bicycles, scooters, and skates are not allowed inside the Beach Clubs at any time
- At Tavern Bay, should you have one of these items and need to walk between the main parking lot gate and the shoreline, we invite you to use Trail Access 53 which runs parallel to the Beach Club
- The convenience dock at Tavern Bay Beach Club is for short-term boat parking to grab a quick snack or use the restroom. Boat docking is limited to 30 minutes and there is no sunbathing, diving, fishing or lounging on the dock walkway and fingers
- You are welcome to have a picnic on the beach, however, please do not bring glass containers, including beer bottles and wine glasses as they are not allowed on the beach at any time.
- Please refrain from bringing large rocks from the shoreline onto the beach as it may create a safety issue.
- Small rivers. Streams. And holes at the water’s edge can prove to be a good time for the little ones. Please make sure any large holes that are made, are filled back in with sand before you leave. Notify a beach attendant should you need rakes or shovels.
- BBQs are not allowed on the beach but are allowed in designated areas of the Beach Clubs. Ask your Beach Club Attendant for details. BBQs must be propane operated only. Open flames are not permitted at any time.
- A limited amount of water toys are available to Members at Tavern Bay Beach Club. Your Beach Club Membership card is required. Check at the Snack Bar for more details.
- As a precaution to avoid natural irritation, we encourage you to shower and/or towel off after swimming in the lake.
Kayak and Paddleboard Rules
All Kayaks and paddleboards, no matter what size must have a current ALA decal to be used on the lake.
Kayaks and Canoes are not available to rent on Lake Arrowhead but property owners who are members of the Arrowhead Lake Association may register their respective boats and enjoy them. Please remember the following rules:
Our Members love to fish.
- Proof of homeowner’s insurance is required
- Kayaks and paddleboards can be launched along the shoreline. For your convenience, they can also be launched at both beach clubs in designated launch areas.
- Kayaks and Canoes cannot be used or beached in swimming areas. Please stay outside the swim buoy's
- Kayak /Canoe launcher is available at the convenience dock in the Marina
- Anyone operating or riding in Kayaks, Canoes or paddleboards must wear a Personal Floatation Device (PFD)
- Anyone operating a Kayak/Canoe or Paddleboard must have a current ALA Boat Operator's License
- Fishing is not allowed on the Beach Club beach or in the swimming area.
- Fishing is allowed in the following areas:
- By Boat
- At the fishing dock located next to the Marina at Peninsula Park
- Between docks on the shoreline, but not on private docks
The Snack Bars have a wide assortment of candy, fresh fruit, drinks, and ice cream. The Snack Bars are generally open from 10 AM to 6 PM* during the season.
*(subject to change depending on attendance)
Enhance your enjoyment of the Beach Club with a courtesy lounge chair. These chairs are available on a first-come-first-served basis at no charge. Beach Club Attendants will unlock the chairs each day as part of their opening procedures. All Beach Club equipment, including, lounge chairs can only be used within the boundaries of the Beach Club. Please do not take Beach Club chairs or water toys to the trails.
There is no more beautiful place to picnic than Lake Arrowhead and its surrounding areas.
ALA provides picnic areas at both Tavern Bay and Burnt Mill Beach Clubs. One member can bring up to 5 guests on each membership card. Additional guests will require a contract that is available with advance notice. Give us a call for the details.
Picnic areas are provided for the use of the members and their guests during the time they are visiting our properties, however, in an effort to make them available to all, we cannot reserve picnic tables. They are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Please do not come early in the morning and decorate for a party that is in the afternoon.
During the season, there are Beach Club Attendants available in most areas and they are happy to assist you and help to make your celebration special!